If you enter the URL http://www.qualitypointtech.com/index.html in your browser.
The browser broke the URL into three parts:
1. The protocol (“http”)
2. The server name (“www.qualitypointtech.com”)
3. The file name (“index.html”)
• The browser communicated with a name server to translate the server name (www.qualitypointtech.com) into IP Address,which it uses to connect to the server machine.
• The browser then formed a connection to the server at that IP address on port 80
• Following the HTTP protocol, the browser sent a GET request to the server, asking for the file “http://www.qualitypointtech.com/index.html”
• The server then fetches the page named index.html and sends it to your browser.The browser read the HTML tags and formatted the page onto your screen.
You can learn about web server and clients from here.